Kelda Water Services Limited Website
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Terms and Conditions of Use of Website
1.1 This Website, is operated by Kelda Water Services Limited (registered company number 2180706 whose registered office is Western House, Halifax Road, Bradford, BD6 2SZ, VAT Number 500555780).
1.2 Any reference to KWS on the Website or contained in these terms and conditions means Kelda Water Services Ltd (registered company number 2180706 whose registered office is Western House, Halifax Road, Bradford, BD6 2SZ).
1.3 By using this Website, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
1.4 The Website may be used for information and for non-commercial purposes only.
1.5 You agree to use the Website responsibly and agree not to:-
1.5.1 Transmit material of a racist, obscene or otherwise derogatory or inappropriate nature
1.5.2 Maliciously interrupt or damage our services
1.5.3 Use the Website for any fraudulent or illegal purpose.
1.5.4 We retain the right, in our absolute discretion, to refuse access to, disable or discontinue any element of the Website service at any time, without prior notification and without provision of reasons why.
2. Contacting Us
2.1 If you are experiencing problems with using the Website please contact us online.
3. Linking Policy
3.1 Certain links in this Website will take you to websites that are not under the control of KWS. When you click on any links, you will leave our website. KWS has no control over and will accept no responsibility for any statements, information, material, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any other websites owned or operated by third parties.
3.2 We will not accept any responsibility or liability for websites we frame and we recommend that you review the website terms and conditions that are applicable to the third party website.
3.3 The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that we approve of or endorse any other third party website or the content of that website.
4. Product, Services and Competition Terms and Conditions
4.1 If you apply for any product, service or competition mentioned on this website, you should read these terms and conditions with any other terms and conditions which relate to the product, service or competition, and if there is any contradiction between them the specific terms and conditions relating to the product, service or competition will apply.
4.2 We can change the prices and details of products and services (and any offers) shown online at any time, without giving notice. We can only provide products and services if they are available and we cannot guarantee that they will be.
4.3 We reserve the right to remove or to stop supplying any product, service or competition on this website at any time without giving notice. If we remove a product, service or competition, we will not be responsible to you.
5. Intellectual Property
5.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
5.2 You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our website.
5.3 You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
5.4 Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our website must always be acknowledged.
5.5 You must not use any part of the materials on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
5.6 If you print off, copy or download any part of our website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use our website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
5.7 The Kelda logo and Kelda Water Services Limited logo is a registered Trade Mark and any unauthorised use of the logo may constitute a breach of that Mark. The name or logo of Kelda Water Services Limited and/or KWS may not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of any of the information contained in this website without specific, prior written permission of Kelda Water Services Limited and/or KWS.
6. Disclaimer & Limitations of Liability
6.1 Commentary and other materials posted on our website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
6.2 The material displayed on our website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
• All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
• Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
• loss of income or revenue;
• loss of business;
• loss of profits or contracts;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of data;
• loss of goodwill;
• wasted management or office time; and
• for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
6.3 This clause 6 does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
7. Changes to Terms and Conditions
7.1 KWS has the right to change any of these terms and conditions at any time by posting new terms and conditions on the website. We will make the latest version of the terms and conditions available for you to read at all times.
7.2 It is your responsibility to read the website terms and conditions regularly to make sure you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of our Website will be deemed acceptance of the changes to the terms and conditions.
7.3 We recommend that, from time to time, you print off and keep a copy of these terms and conditions, and a copy of any terms and conditions relating to any product, service or competition that you apply for on our website for your own records.
8.1 None of the provisions in these terms and conditions affect your statutory rights as a consumer (where applicable).
8.2 If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or enforceable for any reason then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
9. Law & Jurisdiction
9.1 These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Kelda Water Services Limited Website
Kelda Water Services Limited and KWS is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use [INSERT AS LINK TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE] and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Kelda Water Services Ltd (registered company number 2180706 whose registered office is Western House, Halifax Road, Bradford, BD6 2SZ, VAT Number 500555780).
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, using the customer portal or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
2. IP Addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reasons above, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors
use our site.
We use the information to compile reports and improve our site. Teh cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors, where visitors have come to the site and which pages they've visited.
This stores an 'id' which is required by the CMS. It doesn't store anything personally identifiable about the user
Is another cookie that stores configuration information. If required this particular one can be disabled in 'umbracoSettings' as all it does is let the system know the next time to check for updates
The purpose of the "Share This" functionality which allows for visitors to share and recommend content
4. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
If applicable and you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If applicable and you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) if applicable.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Kelda Water Services Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at our registered office address.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.