Water and waste water services
Offering high quality, efficient and cost effective water and waste water services is at the heart of what we do at Kelda Water Services. Our experience is built on working closely with our sister company, Yorkshire Water, and from this we are able to deliver effective water and waste water operations throughout England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland:
- We produce nearly half of Northern Ireland's drinking water through our work with Northern Ireland Water. Find out more
- Through our Defence contract, we serve nearly 1,100 MOD sites across England and Wales with a high quality water and waste water service. Find out more
- We provide innovative waste water treatment services to Scotland's North East through our work with Scottish Water. Find out more
Here are just a few examples of how we add real value to the public utilities and government organisations that form our valued client base:
- Halved leakage levels across MOD sites. Through a combination of skilled people, collaborative working, research and the latest technology we have halved leakage across our MOD sites - an unparalleled industry performance. Find out more.
- Delivered effective and efficient customer services. Through our Defence contract we established a single customer contact centre and consolidated billing for nearly 1,100 across England and Wales. Find out more.
- Recycling and energy generation. Our innovative CAMBI anaerobic digestion process effectively treats sludge, creates a valuable agricultural by-product and generates heat and power for our sites. Find out more.
- High quality coastal bathing waters. Our high quality waste water treatment process ensures we protect our coastal waters and meet the guidelines set by Scottish Water.
- High water quality standards. Through our contract with Northern Ireland Water we have driven water quality standards that are significantly ahead of the EU requirements and were brought into service nine months ahead of the regulatory deadline. Find out more.
- Leading edge efficiencies through the deployment of high levels of automation and telemetry. This has enabled our Ireland team of mobile skilled process engineers on the ground to be supported at all times by our operations control centre in Bradford.
- Extensive TUPE experience. This was first demonstrated when we transferred hundreds of people from local Councils and Welsh Water into an integrated waste water management company for Wales and we repeated this success with each of our other clients.
Through our experience of large scale and long term infrastructure contracts, KWS can provide a full design, build, finance and operation service for clients. If you are interested in finding out more please contact the KWS team.