About Kelda Water Services Defence
Kelda Water Services Defence (KWS Defence) work in partnership with the Ministry of Defence and manage a £1billion 25 year Public Private Partnership (PPP) contract that delivers water and wastewater services to nearly 1,100 defence sites across England and Wales.
More specifically, we are contract partner for Package A of the MOD's Project Aquatrine. Our strategic objectives are to deliver real value for money through the provision of reliable, responsive and integrated water and waste water services, whilst enhancing the condition and performance of the assets and providing a comprehensive portfolio of solutions to the needs of the Defence Infrastructure Organisation.
We pride ourselves on delivering excellent operational and maintenance services to the 1,063 MOD sites and this is achieved through a combination of the skills and experience within our business and also working collaboratively with carefully selected supply chain partners.
Here are just a few examples of the benefits that we provide the Ministry of Defence:
- Halved leakage levels - through a combination of skilled people, collaborative working, research and the latest technology we have halved leakage in three years across MOD sites - an unparalleled industry performance
- Driving efficiency and effectiveness in customer services - we are able to provide a highly effective customer contact centre and consolidated billing for all 1063 MOD sites
- Driving high water quality - through the installation of new softening plant and chlorination/UV treatment facilities at Castlemartin Ranges in Pembrokeshire, we have been able to address water hardness issues and customers are now practically guaranteed excellent water quality
- Our client has the confidence for us to grow - through demonstrating our effectiveness and value for money to the MOD we were able to win a further four Royal Navy flagship sites from competitors in 2011. This added 5% to the total consumption in our operating area and enhanced service levels for the MOD.
- Playing our part in protecting the environment - we have helped to organise and fund a sampling project for the tributaries that reach Loe Pool in Cornwall where the Sewage Treatment Works at RNAS Culdrose discharges. Using the results and working with the Environment Agency we are developing models for the future management of the area
- Additional value added services - we deliver a range of other services including life cycle asset adoption, crown fire standard design, build and operate (DBO), environmental risk management, long term funding solutions, security cleared personnel, supply chain and IT systems.
We also have an excellent approach to Health and Safety winning the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) Gold Award for 3 years running as well as holding OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Accreditations. Additionally, we have recently achieved PAS 55 Certification for Asset Management.
Are you a Defence customer and want to speak to one of our customer service team? Click here for more information